Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It was worth the effort...



We have been buried in snow for the last week. Record amounts of snow in Maryland. I made Lydia her Valentine's dress over a week ago. Then school was canceled for a week and I never got around to making Julia's dress. Found out last night that they would have school today and the VALENTINE'S exchange. Julia needed her dress. So I spent about 3 hours last night into the wee hours of the night creating it. It turned out great and was completed finished when I went to bed.


When Julia woke up, I told her the good news, "Your Valentine's dress is ready!" I got her dressed first, and her facial expressions alone totally made all my effort so worth it! The joy she felt putting on that dress, totally reinforced why I make clothes. She twirled around in a circle and had the biggest smile! And so did I!


I really need to get to work with all my orders...they are rolling in. Already have their St. Patrick's Day dresses all mapped out in my head.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Absolutely lovely dresses!!! (I noticed them at Ballet class)